Wawa Information Breach Update
We have recently learned that account information from certain Hamilton Horizons FCU Visa debit or credit cards may have been compromised if used at a Wawa between March 4, 2019 and December 12, 2019.
Wawa’s information security team identified malware running on in-store payment processing systems at potentially all Wawa locations on December 10, 2019. By December 12, 2019, they had blocked and contained this malware. They immediately initiated an investigation, notified law enforcement and payment card companies, and engaged a leading external forensics firm to support their response efforts.
Personal Information Involved
The following types of personal information may have been affected: credit and debit card numbers, expiration dates, and cardholder names on payment cards used at potentially all Wawa in-store payment terminals and fuel dispensers beginning at different points in time after March 4, 2019 and ending on December 12, 2019.
What We Are Doing?
At Hamilton Horizons FCU, we take every compromise seriously. To ensure that your account information is protected, we have taken the following steps:
- All members of HHFCU are being notified immediately via this email.
- All Credit Card members that have been identified in the compromise by Visa will also be notified via a mailed letter.
- For added security, we are ordering replacement cards for ALL members (Debit & Credit Cards) identified in the compromise.
- Once you receive your replacement card, you will need to activate it immediately then contact the office to close the old card. Call 609-631-4300 or email [email protected] – DO NOT include your new card number in your email! Simply state that you have activated your new (debit/credit) card and include the last 3 digits of the card number. We will then close the compromised card.
What You Can Do?
Review Your Account Statements. We encourage you to remain vigilant by reviewing your account statements and alert us of any suspicious activity immediately.
- Report DEBIT CARD suspicious activity to 844-421-5232
- Report CREDIT CARD suspicious activity to 844-348-7522
Register for Identity Protection Services. Wawa has arranged with Experian to provide potentially impacted customers with one year of identity theft protection and credit monitoring at no charge to you. Visit the Experian IdentityWorks website to enroll: https://www.experianidworks.com/credit or contact Experian’s customer care team at 1-844-386-9559 (Monday – Friday, between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm Eastern Time or Saturday between 11:00 am and 8:00 pm, excluding holidays)
Provide your activation code: 4H2H3T9H6
Order a Credit Report. If you enroll in the Experian service (at the phone number above), you will have access to activity on your credit report. In addition, if you are a U.S. resident, you are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three nationwide consumer reporting agencies. To order your free credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free at 1-877-322-8228.
We apologize for the inconvenience and are doing everything we can to minimize it and ensure that your financial information stays secure.